IBM WebSphere MQ V5.3 Extended to the HP NonStop Server Platform
At a glance :
WebSphere MQ for HP NonStop Server V5.3 (126.96.36.199) enriches WebSphere MQ. It includes:
- Functional equivalence to other WebSphere MQ V5.3 platforms
- Availability on the HP NonStop Server S-series and NonStop Integrity Server (32-bit) architectures
- Full enablement of the Java(TM) Message Service (JMS) application programming interface: embedded classes for Java and JMS support with improved performance and packaging
- A Publish/Subscribe function, which simplifies the task of getting business messages and transactions to a wide, dynamic, and potentially large audience in a timely manner
- Scalability and usability improvements over the previous MQSeries® offering
- Improved MQ workload balancing (through clustering)
- Improved national language support (for example, code page GB18030 for use in the People's Republic of China)
- SSL security authentication facilities
- Four out of five customers who buy inter-application messaging choose WebSphere MQ, according to WinterGreen Research, Inc.1.
WebSphere® MQ for HP NonStop Server V5.3 builds on the success of WebSphere MQ, the market-leading provider of message-oriented-middleware (MOM) software for application connectivity. WebSphere MQ brings enhanced security, better and more flexible management and tuning capability, and added features to enhance cross-platform consistency.
For common security problems, WebSphere MQ provides:
- Symmetric key cryptography to prevent eavesdropping
- The hash function to prevent tampering
- Digital certificates, asymmetric keys, and certificate revocation lists to prevent impersonation
These security features are implemented using a port of the OpenSSL cryptographic software, provided by IBM with this release.
General MQ operation is significantly enhanced by a process management rules database that enables sophisticated, yet easy-to-use control over the unique multiprocessor architecture of a WebSphere MQ queue manager running on HP NonStop Server.
Most components now run in the Open System Services (OSS) environment of HP NonStop Server, enabling the use of multi-threaded agent processes. This feature can enable a more efficient, scalable implementation for typical mixed workloads.
Reliability and data integrity are enhanced with the introduction of a fault-tolerant Execution Controller process-pair. Components critical to data storage retain their fault-tolerant capabilities, and critical databases remain in the transactional Guardian file system.
The use of OSS, plus other enhancements (including data link libraries), also results in a more consistent set of interfaces to WebSphere MQ on HP NonStop Server, while continuing to support all existing languages and environments. Support for the new Itanium-based HP NonStop Integrity Server is also provided.
Connects applications reliably and affordably
Connects nearly everything to almost anything, reducing IT complexity
Provides IBM's industry-leading messaging middleware at an affordable price
Enables fast and easy installation and deployment: Gets you up and running in minutes and in production within hours, without specialist training
Offers scalability and flexibility for growth
Provides seamless growth for your software as your business needs evolve
Is compatible with WebSphere MQ on many platforms
Takes advantage of a portfolio of product extensions to deliver additional capabilities fast
Speeds solution development and reduces support costs
Simplifies networking interfaces, cuts application development time, and enables design and code reuse
Is supported by more than 3,000 certified professionals
Supports key platforms with the industry's de facto messaging standard
Runs on the HP NonStop Server S-series and NonStop Integrity Server (32-bit) platforms
Extends the WebSphere MQ family